Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
One of the ladies at our church makes this salad for our pot luck dinners. It is one of my favorite salads.
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejello-o orange gelatin mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o pineapple gelatin mix
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- chopped nuts
- Dissolve jell-o in 2 cups boiling water. Put oranges and pineapple with their juice in jell-o. Pour mixture into a 9X13 cake pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar. Fold in cool whip. Spread over jell-o.
- Garnish with nuts.
We loved the combination of jello flavors and fruit, and mixing cream cheese and Cool Whip made such a great topping!! I did leave out the nuts, though. The only thing I'll do differently next time is to make twice as much of the jello base since there was a lot of topping. It's always great to find a new and light snack/dessert recipe. THX.