Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original of this recipe comes from an acquaintance of mine--Audrey Guilliam of Hemet CA--& I first made it for a small gathering as a fruit side dish. After that I jazzed it up with additional oranges and pineapple. Since then my version has been passed on to others who have enjoyed it!
- 1 (3 ounce) package tapioca pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, well drained
- Mix pudding & gelatin in saucepan, then add boiling water.
- On medium heat, bring back to a boil, then remove & cool.
- Add cold Cool Whip & mix well, then fold in fruit until well blended.
- Pour into clear or white bowl & refrigerate until set.
Another winning recipe from Sydney Mike. Dessert last night was the talk of the house, and I am looking forward to leftovers. The only change I made was I used fat free cool whip, and I had some pecans, so I chopped them up and put on the topping. Very well enjoyed. Made for 5 star tag.
I used 2 packages of sugar free vanialla pudding, sugar free orange gelatin and sugar free cool whip but followed the rest of the recipe as written. We enjoyed this.
Yummy! I halved the recipe and omitted the tapioca. I made this last night for tonight's dessert, but I just had to taste it this afternoon.... It was just calling me from the fridge, lol. This dessert is super delish and does have a creamsicle-ish flavor to it. I had all the ingredients right in the pantry and it was so easy to prepare. I used pineapple tidbits and really loved them in this dessert. Thanks Syd, for another great keeper recipe. :)