Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Company's Coming
- 4 large oranges
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) canned crushed pineapple, with juice
- Grate rind from oranges. Put rind and water into saucepan. Use orange for other purpose.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Strain juice into saucepan.
- Add sugar and crushed pineapple. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Boil rapidly for about 35 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until thick enough.
- Cool a teaspoon on a chilled saucer to see if it jells.
- Fill hot sterilized half pint jars to within a 1/4 inch of top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.