Recipe by carolinafan
Lowfat but you would never know it by the taste.
Top Review by grammyof3
Very light and refreshing! I hate the chemical taste of fat free items; so I opted to use 2 three ounce regular orange Jello packets with only one cup of boiling water as well as regular sour cream and Cool Whip. The sour cream gave it just the right amount of sweetness without being sickening sweet. Hint: Be sure to use a large Angel Food Cake.
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packages sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 ice cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and cut into pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add ice cubes and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice.
- Stir in pineapple and oranges.
- Stir in sour cream until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes until well coated.
- Spoon into an ungeased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch dish, cover and refrigerate until serving.