Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love different fruit chutneys. I guessed at the amount of jars to use as the recipe did not state.
- Remove the thin outer rind of one orange and cut into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the peel and pith of all the oranges and separate into sections.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, onions, garlic, salt, ground cloves, allspice, cayenne, cinnamon stick, dates, and sultana raisins in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the orange rind and simmer for 1/2 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Prepare the pineapple and cut into small cubes.
- Add pineapple to the syrup and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours or until thick.
- Add the orange sections and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.