Recipe by Dug
This stir-fry has an incredible melding of flavors. Don't let the list of ingredients fool you, there is nothing exotic in here, and it goes together real quick.
Top Review by in the garden
It was very easy to make, like you said. I served on brown rice. Way more sauce than I prefer. I was a bit concerned about how much sesame oil called for, so I added less than a tablespoon and the sesame flavor was plenty strong.
- 10 ounces linguine
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet red peppers (sliced)
- 1 cup baby corn (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup water chestnut (sliced) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup bamboo shoot (canned) (optional)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 cup mandarin orange section
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta until firm to the bite, drain and set aside.
- Saute chicken in a non-stick skillet at med high heat until just browned. remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add oil and saute asparagus and red pepper until just tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add Chicken, corn, pineapple (water chestnuts and bamboo shoots if using) and sauce and cook on med high until sauce has thickened and there is no pink in the chicken (about 2 minutes).
- Add orange sections and pour over pasta, toss and serve hot.