Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy, moist, and tender carrot cake with delicate tropical flavors and macadamia nuts. There are a lot of ingredients, but they come together in just minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 9 1⁄2 ounces can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter and flour 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 2 cups sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup juice concentrate, sour cream, and vegetable oil in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in dry ingredients; stir in carrots, pineapple, raisins, and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and remaining 1/4 cup juice concentrate in medium bowl.
- Beat until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Chill until frosting sets, then cover and keep chilled.).