1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy, moist, and tender carrot cake with delicate tropical flavors and macadamia nuts. There are a lot of ingredients, but they come together in just minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 9 1/2 ounces can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Butter and flour 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- 3Combine first 5 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat 2 cups sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup juice concentrate, sour cream, and vegetable oil in large bowl until smooth.
- 5Beat in dry ingredients; stir in carrots, pineapple, raisins, and nuts.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- 8Cool cake completely in pan.
- 9Combine cream cheese, butter, and remaining 1/4 cup juice concentrate in medium bowl.
- 10Beat until blended.
- 11Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- 12Spread frosting over cake.
- 13(Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Chill until frosting sets, then cover and keep chilled.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Pineapple Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.2
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 539.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pineapple-orange juice concentrate