Recipe by ChrisM
I made this recipe from a lemon pie recipe. My whole family likes it. But we all agree it would be a better if it did not have a crust I think it would be better as an "Orange Dessert" I hope you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt together.
- In a saucepan over high heat, boil 2 cups water; add the sugar mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened; whisk in the beaten egg yolks and cook 2 minutes longer on low heat.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice and rind and combine well; let cool for 5 minutes, then pour into previously-baked pie shell. If you like, you can cover with meringue.