1/3 Photos of Orange Persian Rice
Adapted from the Southern Heritage Company's Coming Cookbook, one of Mary Lily Flagler's dinner party recipes, served at Whitehall in Palm Beach, Florida.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 314.66 ml uncooked rice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 0.59-1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (grated or finely minced)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley (chopped ~ OPTIONAL)
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest (zest navel oranges before juicing)
- 59.14 ml almonds (slivered and toasted)
- 1Melt butter in a small dutch oven, or medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat.
- 2Add rice, stirring constantly until rice is lightly browned.
- 3Add salt, raisins, red pepper flakes, grated ginger-root, chicken broth, and orange juice.
- 4Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Add fresh parsley (optional), grated orange zest, and toasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Persian Rice
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: