- 29.58 ml butter
- 314.66 ml uncooked rice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 0.59-1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (grated or finely minced)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley (chopped ~ OPTIONAL)
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest (zest navel oranges before juicing)
- 59.14 ml almonds (slivered and toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small dutch oven, or medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat.
- Add rice, stirring constantly until rice is lightly browned.
- Add salt, raisins, red pepper flakes, grated ginger-root, chicken broth, and orange juice.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley (optional), grated orange zest, and toasted almonds.