Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious meal!
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange zest, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, 8 slices 3/4 inch thick,3 ounces each
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 4 tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange sections, diced
- Combine 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest and ½ teaspoon crushed black peppercorns and place on small plate.
- Use 2 beef tenderloin medallions per portion.
- Season each with salt to taste.
- Then coat 1 side of each medallion with fresh orange zest and peppercorn mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Place crusted side of medallion in butter and cook 4- 5 minutes until browned.
- Turn meat and cook on other side 4-5 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from skillet and hold warm.
- (if meat is desired well done, place pan in 350°F oven until desired doneness.) Add a second tablespoon of butter to pan, melt over medium heat, and then add 1 tablespoon shallots and 1 tablespoon each of red and green bell peppers.
- Cook 3- 4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of fresh-squeezed orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Stir 1-tablespoon fresh diced orange segments into hot liquid, and then remove from heat.
- Place 2 medallions on serving plate and pour orange bell pepper sauce over medallions.
- Serve immediately.