Recipe by lazyme
A nice appetizer or snack. Especially nice around the holidays, and can be made 3 days ahead. From Bon Appetit, November 1994.
Top Review by cookiedog
These had a nice citrus-spice flavor. The cayenne is just enough to warm your mouth. I used tangerine zest (what I had on hand)and a little less cloves.It gave the house a wonderful aroma and it took all of my will power to keep some for an asian inspired salad the next day.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups pecan halves (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat. Add orange peel, cinnamon, coriander, cloves and cayenne and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add pecans, then sugar and salt and stir to coat evenly. Transfer nut mixture to baking sheet.
- Bake until nuts are toasted, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature).