Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
this looks like alot of ingredients but it's really easy to throw together.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted pecans
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- combine flour and the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- make a well in center.
- combine sugar and the next 7 ingredients and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- pour into the loaf pan.
- bake 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- cool on a wire rack.
- mix oj and powdered sugar and drizzle over loaf, garnish with toasted pecans.
This bread is fantastic! It's so flavorful. I used soy milk in place of the milk and soured soy milk in place of the buttermilk, and used 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp cloves in place of the allspice because I realized I was out of it. I also omitted the glaze because I forgot about it and the bread was so wonderful without it I decided to leave it off. I'll definitely try it with the glaze next time. Thanks for a recipe I'll be making again and again!
Choice for photo swap #5; and a delicious one!! Chia, the blend of flavors in this bread is fantastic and the texture is just right. I did have to bake it for an hour(probably because I used a smaller loaf pan than yours.)Very good bread, wonder woman! Thanks for posting. Caroline