Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandmother used to make Pecan Tassies for every Holiday event along with her other traditional cookies and nut rolls. I love Pecan Tassies so I was so excited to find this recipe for a different flavor.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Wrap dough in wax paper, and chill at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough in half.
- Divide each half of dough into 24 balls.
- Flatten each ball with palmof your hand, and place in lightly greased miniature muffin pans (1 3/4 inch).
- Shape each into a shell.
- Cover and chill until ready to fill and bake.
- For Filling: Mix together the 3 large eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup light corn syrup, 2 Tablespoons grated orange rind and 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice; blend until smooth. Sit in the 3 Tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspooon vanilla extract and the 1 cup of finely chopped pecans. Spoon filling evenly into Pastry Cups, filling three-fourths full. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes in pans. Remove from pans, and cool on a wire rack.