1/6 Photos of Orange Pecan Sticky Buns
Chef Sarita in Austin Texas's Note:
A friend of mine gave me this recipe. I am not sure where I she got it from but these sticky buns are delicious and very simple. The refrigerated biscuits really cut back alot of time. I have posted some pictures to demonstrate the forming of the buns. I always sprinkle a couple of extra pecans on top of the buns before baking just because I like the little extra crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2In small bowl, combine margarine, 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, orange zest and honey; mix well. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons chopped pecans in bottom of 8 or 9 in square baking pan.
- 3Separate dough into ten biscuits.
- 4Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- 5Spread top of 10 biscuit halves with 1 teaspoon of orange honey mixture.
- 6Top each with remaining biscuit halves and press together to form 10 filled biscuits. Seal edges.
- 7In a gentle manner, pull then twist each biscuit with your hands about 4-5 times to form 3 1/2 inch twisted rope (kind of like wringing out wet clothes but in a gentle way). Once this is done, wrap the rope around your finger and place formed rolls in baking pan.
- 8In a small saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice and vanilla.
- 9Cook over high hear until sugar is melted and syrup begins to boil, stirring constantly. Spoon over rolls.
- 10Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Cool in pan 2 minutes, invert onto serving plate. serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pecan Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g