Recipe by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
A friend of mine gave me this recipe. I am not sure where I she got it from but these sticky buns are delicious and very simple. The refrigerated biscuits really cut back alot of time. I have posted some pictures to demonstrate the forming of the buns. I always sprinkle a couple of extra pecans on top of the buns before baking just because I like the little extra crunch.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (not melted)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (12 ounce) canrefrigerated pillsbury butter tasting biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- In small bowl, combine margarine, 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, orange zest and honey; mix well. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons chopped pecans in bottom of 8 or 9 in square baking pan.
- Separate dough into ten biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Spread top of 10 biscuit halves with 1 teaspoon of orange honey mixture.
- Top each with remaining biscuit halves and press together to form 10 filled biscuits. Seal edges.
- In a gentle manner, pull then twist each biscuit with your hands about 4-5 times to form 3 1/2 inch twisted rope (kind of like wringing out wet clothes but in a gentle way). Once this is done, wrap the rope around your finger and place formed rolls in baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice and vanilla.
- Cook over high hear until sugar is melted and syrup begins to boil, stirring constantly. Spoon over rolls.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes, invert onto serving plate. serve warm.