Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My mom makes this and it fills the house with wonderful smells. A tender, dense loaf-shaped pound cake. Good with coffee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a mixing bowl on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add in the sugar; beat at medium speed 5-7 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- Add in rinds and orange extract, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add nuts and 1/4 cup flour; stir to combine; set aside.
- Add remaining flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl; stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk; begin and end with flour mixture.
- Mix on low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add in pecans; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and let cool completely on wire rack.