Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking for a muffin with a subtle orange flavor, this is it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat butter with mixer until creamy. Add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending wtih flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition, just until blended. Stir in pecans and orange rind.
- Place muffin papers in muffin tin and spray the liners lightly with Pam. Spoon batter into cups, filling almost full.
- Bake at 375º for 18-20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
- Brush orange juice over hot muffins and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
I did not follow the recipe faithfully. I added 1 tsp of baking powder because I have never made muffins without baking powder. I used half whole wheat and half regular flour. I didn't have plain yoghurt so I used vanilla. Because it had sweetener in it I used a little less sugar. I also did not mix as directed but as I usually do for muffins - stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened. The core recipe was intact and the result was delicious.