Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Originally from the "Pecan Lovers Cookbook" by Mark Blazek from Golden West Publishers this is one incredible recipe for a chicken dinner.
- 3 whole incl skin and bones chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, with pulp (fresh or not from concentrate)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooked rice (any type)
- 3 tablespoons white wine (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 sectioned oranges
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large skillet brown both sides of chicken (skin side down first) in the butter.
- Add orange juice, honey, onion, pepper, and salt.
- Cover pan allowing steam to vent and simmer for 30 minutes (or just untill chicken is tender).
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange over rice. Keep warm. Return pan to range top.
- Stir wine into flour until well blended. Add to reserved pan drippings stirring constantly untill flour has a chance to cook.
- Add orange peel and sections and pecans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately over chicken and rice.
I thought this was terrific. I used boneless, skinless breasts. I cut back on the honey a little to reduce the sugar. After the chicken was done I cubed it and spooned the sauce over the cubes. Served with mashed potatoes and peas.