Recipe by chia
this is a nice side dish for turkey or chicken, from fine cooking. this is easily doubled.
Top Review by Mirj
Oh yum, oh yum, oh yum! Chia, what's wrong with you, there's not an ounce of pork in this recipe! These were really really good! I mean really! I wanted to keep with the sweet theme, so I left out the thyme, and instead of plain pecans used Chinese pecans, which are sugared. These are green beans the tooth fairy would love!
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a medium pot of water to boil . add salt, add green beans, cook 5-6 minutes, drain rinse in cold water to stop cooking, drain on paper towels. in a small bowl whisk together orange juice, mustard and sugar, set aside. in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat add onion and pecans, saute stirring often, until onions are browned and pecans are toasted, 10 minutes.
- add green beans, season with salt, pepper, thyme, stir. add mustard mixture, lower heat and stir to combine sauce and beans, 1-2 minutes.