Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
this is a nice side dish for turkey or chicken, from fine cooking. this is easily doubled.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- bring a medium pot of water to boil . add salt, add green beans, cook 5-6 minutes, drain rinse in cold water to stop cooking, drain on paper towels. in a small bowl whisk together orange juice, mustard and sugar, set aside. in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat add onion and pecans, saute stirring often, until onions are browned and pecans are toasted, 10 minutes.
- add green beans, season with salt, pepper, thyme, stir. add mustard mixture, lower heat and stir to combine sauce and beans, 1-2 minutes.
Oh yum, oh yum, oh yum! Chia, what's wrong with you, there's not an ounce of pork in this recipe! These were really really good! I mean really! I wanted to keep with the sweet theme, so I left out the thyme, and instead of plain pecans used Chinese pecans, which are sugared. These are green beans the tooth fairy would love!
Excellent recipe. The beans were crisp, yet tender, and a bright vibrant green. The flavor was excellent, the measurements precise, and the directions accurate. Great choice for guests, yet simple enough to prepare any night.
Yum yum! I really enjoyed this dish. The taste is really different from the way I usually make them. Loved the crunch of the toasted pecans!A taste treat! Thanks chia!