Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Two of my favorite things, pecans and citrus..
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml grated orange rind
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 29.58-44.37 ml orange juice
- 0.59 ml salt
- 9.85 ml grated orange rind
- cream butter, and sugar, add eggs and rind and beat till fluffy -- 2-3 minutes.
- stir in sour cream, and blend in dry ingredients --
- add nuts and drop of greased baking sheet -- about 2" apart.
- bake at 375* for 12 minutes.
- ice with orange frosting when cooled.
- ORANGE FROSTING:.
- beat all icing ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium speed -- till of icing consistency.
This is a delicious holiday recipe. I baked them as a bar in a 13x9 glass dish. Bake time was 22-24 minutes. The glaze is needed as these are not overly sweet. Dried cranberries or golden raisins could be stirred in. I substituted 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for a portion of the flour.