Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Two of my favorite things, pecans and citrus..
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- cream butter, and sugar, add eggs and rind and beat till fluffy -- 2-3 minutes.
- stir in sour cream, and blend in dry ingredients --
- add nuts and drop of greased baking sheet -- about 2" apart.
- bake at 375* for 12 minutes.
- ice with orange frosting when cooled.
- ORANGE FROSTING:.
- beat all icing ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium speed -- till of icing consistency.
This is a delicious holiday recipe. I baked them as a bar in a 13x9 glass dish. Bake time was 22-24 minutes. The glaze is needed as these are not overly sweet. Dried cranberries or golden raisins could be stirred in. I substituted 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for a portion of the flour.