Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I really enjoy orange flavored cookies than add pecans and chocolate, so good! This recipe was found on Recipe4Living's website and submitted by lonewolf.
- 236.59 ml butter, 1/2 lb. softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml orange extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 340.19 g semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add both orange and vanilla extracts, mix well. Mix in the egg and stir well.
- In another medium bowl mix together well the flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chopped pecans and mix well to combine.
- On a ungreased cookie sheet drop rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- In a microwavable bowl add the semisweet chocolate morsels. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring chocolate halfway through.
- Dip only the tops of cookies in the melted chocolate and let set on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
Delicious cookies! I too opted not to use the chocolate and really could not have been happier with the marvelous cookies. I used Splenda in place of the sugar and still got beautifully textured hat are being much enjoyed. Thank you Lori. :D
Scrumptious! I made these for Christmas and because I had so many chocolatey cookies I skipped the chocolate on these. These cookies are so good! They taste like orange shortbread!
What a great versatile cookie recipe Lauralie. Soo good, just perfect for my picky dh & I. His batch was made without nuts and chocolate, I did add some flaked coconut. My batch was made exactly as written. Both versions were excellent, tender, buttery and oh so flavorful. Thanks so much for sharing this treat. :)