Recipe by Vino Girl
These dense muffins are very flavorful and have a lot of texture. I always seem to have a stray orange or two to use up, as well as some raisin bran cereal. This takes care of them both! From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (January/February 1999)
- 295.73 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4 oranges
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 1064.65 ml Raisin Bran cereal
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease or line muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine first four (dry) ingredients; set aside.
- Remove the peel and white membrane from two of the oranges; either discard or save the peel for another use.
- Cut all four of the oranges into eighths and remove the seeds; puree in a food processor.
- Measure out 2 cups of puree. If there is any extra, save it for another use.
- Stir oranges, eggs, oil, cereal and nuts into the dry ingredients; blend just until mixed.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick.