Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
As requested. Found this one is Country Woman Magazine.
Make and share this Orange Pear Jam recipe from Food.com.
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine the sugar, pears, pineapple and lemon juice.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into jars or containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
This makes a pretty tasty jam. I reduced the sugar to only 2 cups, because the pears I was using were super sweet and ripe, plus the Jello had sugar in it too. Even with this change, I found the jam was plenty sweet. If you know you like orange Jello, then you'll like this recipe (just watch the sugar!). And it looks very pretty in a jar. Thanks for the recipe, Martina!
Oh my gosh!!!! I requsted this over a year ago.I couldn't find it anywhere and decided to search again and got lucky.These are the best pear preserves ever.I added 1 cinnamon stick to one container before freezing them.I could eat just these with a spoon and nothing else!I bought a jar of pear preserves at the apple orchard a few weeks ago and they can't compare to these. Thanks so much for the recipe,I am hoping I have enough to get me thru the winter.