Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delicious and so refreshing. Very versatile too...use fresh peaches in season or frozen, thawed or even canned peaches when not in season. I lighten it up by using 1% milk but still can't resist using real honest-to-goodness ice cream instead of low fat stuff. Adapted from a Quick Cooking recipe.
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen peach slices, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, combine the peaches, milk, orange juice concentrate and extract; add ice cream, cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
We used homemade ice cream and fresh Missouri peaches to make an outstanding smoothie. Our daughter thought she might like less orange juice in it. So we will give that a try next time we make this. Sorry no photo, as nobody was willing to postpone drinking this tantalizing treat. Hey Jude thanks for sharing!
I enjoy this alot:) So do the big and little kids who drop in! Thanks for bringing back happy memories!