Recipe by Cher Jewhurst
This is one of our all time favorite summer meals and a full recipe will usually last us two meals. It keeps very well in the refrigerator and DH says sometimes that it tastes better the next day. I have never served this to anyone who didn't love it. Taken from Woman's Day Low-Fat Meals June 1995
- 453.59 g medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, cooled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 295.73 ml green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 177.44 ml thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, grapes, cucumber, green onions and half the orange sections.
- 2. In small bowl, whisk together orange juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently to combine.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on large platter. Mound pasta salad on top and garnish with remaining orange sections.
- Note: I omit step 3 and prefer this salad quite cold so it goes into my fridge for at least an hour before serving. Served simply with fresh crusty rolls and butter.