Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of our all time favorite summer meals and a full recipe will usually last us two meals. It keeps very well in the refrigerator and DH says sometimes that it tastes better the next day. I have never served this to anyone who didn't love it. Taken from Woman's Day Low-Fat Meals June 1995
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, cooled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
- 1. In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, grapes, cucumber, green onions and half the orange sections.
- 2. In small bowl, whisk together orange juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently to combine.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on large platter. Mound pasta salad on top and garnish with remaining orange sections.
- Note: I omit step 3 and prefer this salad quite cold so it goes into my fridge for at least an hour before serving. Served simply with fresh crusty rolls and butter.
Took this to my in-laws family get together and they loved it. I did not add the dressing until it was about to be served.