Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vegetarian vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (remember her trying to figure out how to grate zest?)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ginger snaps
- fresh berries (to garnish) (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the pudding mix and orange juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator until completely chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled pudding, orange zest, and low-fat yogurt.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into a parfait glass OR Sugar Cage (see recipe #83770).
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of crushed cookies on top and continue layering the pudding and cookies until the sugar cage is full.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve.
i didn't prefer it, it had a funky taste. if i was to ever make it again i would definitely put in less orange juice, and less ginger snaps. maybe its my fault, since i generally don't like ginger, but even without it I just didn't care for it.
Wow, I tried this last night and loved it. Since it's chilly outside, I added a little cinnamon to warm it up and my roommated went crazy over it. Definitely a dessert that will be made in my house quite frequently!