Recipe by King Jay II
This is a great change of pace, wonderful for brunches or those special occasions. Rich and easy to make these will be a real treat!
Top Review by weekend cooker
The consistancy of the batter was good, as these made for a nice brunch for us. erved this with one of my Apple Butter recipes, and with recipe#371950#371950. Flavors, simplicity, and the overall taste was very nice.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon watkins vanilla
- 2 -3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the Eggs, Buttermilk, Butter, Heavy Cream, O.J. and Zest in a medium bowl. Whisk until mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Add the A.P Flour until desired thickness is achieved.
- Whisk all ingredients until just mixed. Do not over whisk. Lumps are desired.
- Pour batter on skillet set at 325 degrees. Cook each side until golden.
- This recipe can be made a day ahead if refrigerated; before using mix well.