Prep 6 mins
Cook 14 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, I love my veggies! These should be kid-friendly as well. From Woman's World 11/8/10.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 ounces frozen sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, basil, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, bring to boil.
- Stir in snap peas and carrots. Reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add parsley and zest; transfer to serving bowl.
Oh yum, this was so good! I loved the orange flavor, it really gave it a kick! Thanks!