- 4 medium naval oranges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ripe black olives
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced chives
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cut oranges in thick slices.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Place orange slices in shallow serving dish.
- Sprinkle with oil, vinegar and oregano (1 tsp. sugar or substitute optional).
- Toss, then refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Take out and toss oranges again.
- Place layers of onions on top of oranges.
- Add chives, olives and fresh pepper.