Recipe by Pippyw
I love orange cake, cookies and muffins, also prefer healthy food. So I alter the original oatmeals cookies a little bit to suit my needs. Less butter and sugar, so the cookies isn't very crispy but moist. Hope you will enjoy such cookies with very rich orange smell and taste--
- 1 cup oats (i use Country choice, organic oven toasted quick oats)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (or you desired)
- 50 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and brown sugar and mix well until creamy (if you find hard to mix them well, place the bowl on hot water while you stir them, not too long).
- Add vanilla extract, egg and orange zest into the butter mixture.
- In another bowl, combine oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt together and stir a little bit before pour into the liquild mixture.
- Preheat oven in 180c.
- Pour the dry ingredient and raisins into the liquid mixture and mix well until the the flour can not be seen (not too long).
- Spoon the batter on baking sheet approximately 20 medium size cookies and bake for 15 minutes or until the surface is browned.
- remove on wire rack for cooling and store in plastic zip bag.