Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
The orange rind in this recipe really makes it. I invented the orange idea myself. use a small grater and grate the outside of any kind or orange into the batter. This is Weight Watchers core recipe. The orange rind takes the place of adding artificial sweetener for taste.
- 1⁄4 cup instant plain oatmeal (not cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal (not cooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- cinnamon (optional)
- Mix the oatmeal, corn meal, baking powder, and baking soda together first in bowl.
- Add the yogurt, egg white, and grated orange peel next. Mix well. Spoon onto griddle at 400 degrees or fry pan on medium.
I made these pancakes twice and both times I used regular oatmeal and added juice from the orange along with the other liquid ingredients. Delicious pancakes.
Nice texture, and pleasant orange smell from the zest. I used complete egg (yolk and white) and non-instant oatmeal, but it still made up just fine. The whole grain batter sets up a little looser than wheat flour pancakes, which makes it a little sloshy when you flip, so smaller pancakes work better.