Recipe by spatchcock
This is a wonderful cookie recipe for those who love oatmeal cookies and also orange-flavored cookies. They are chewy, not crispy, and are fairly quick-cooking!
Top Review by renae_c1
These were okay. The consistency was pretty good, but they didn't really have much flavor as I don't like nutmeg and left it out. I added cinnamon and they were okay. Not great, but passable. I wish they had more of an orange flavor. I added an extra 1/2 tsp. of zest, which didn't seem to do much good either. I probably won't be making these again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl of mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg, orange zest and juice.
- Gradually beat in flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg until mixed.
- Add oats (I used quick-cooking oats, but I think that old-fashioned or rolled oats would improve the texture.).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350° oven until golden around edges.