Recipe by Georgia Girl
This was my boys' favorite cookie when they were growing up (still is come to think of it!!) These are really good and good for you too.
Top Review by emelineblue
My family voted these 5 stars!! I found this recipe in my latest estate sale find. The 1964 Pillsbury Bake off winning recipes booklet. This recipe was a Jr winner in 1964. The winners name was Jean Nurse. This recipe was all I could find when I googled the recipe, Jean Nurse and Jr winners-Pillsbury Bake Off. Would love more info, if you have it!
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the rolled oats out on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Sift the flour, salt, soda and baking powder to- gether and set aside.
- Cream the Crisco in a large mixing bowl and grad- ually add in both of the sugars, creaming well after each addition.
- Blend in the egg, vanilla and orange rind, mixing well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients; then the toasted oats and the pecans, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove the cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.