Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this from a friend who said it is divine. she said she got the recie from the Cook'n with Bread Machines collection CD. I'm gonna try this soon.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats or 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycles. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 slice.
- 1 Slice: 180 Calories (25 calories from fat); 3g fat (1g saturated); 0mg cholesterol; 270mg sodium; 35g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber); 5g protein.
Wow, this bread is definately fantastic. The orange flavour is not overwhelming, so for breakfast I like to bring it out by toasting a slice, spreading some unsalted butter on it and sweetening it with orange-blossom honey. As easy to make as any bread machine recipe, I really recommand to give it a try, you'll be surprised.