1/1 Photo of Orange Nut Waffles with Orange Syrup
All thoughts of calories must be set aside while you plunge into these interesting special-day waffles. Orange Nut Waffles with Orange Syrup were originally printed in Bon Appetit (December 1981). I haven't tried these waffles yet but am planning on trying this very soon. When I make them I will be omitting the liquor in the syrup, replacing with juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, strained
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat waffle iron.
- 2Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into small bowl.
- 3Beat egg yolks in medium bowl until thickened.
- 4Add milk, orange juice and orange peel and mix thoroughly.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture, blending well.
- 6Stir in walnuts and butter.
- 7Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff.
- 8Fold into walnut mixture.
- 9Bake waffles in waffle iron, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 10Serve immediately with Orange Syrup.
- 11Orange Syrup (makes 1 2/3 cups).
- 12Combine sugar and orange juice in small saucepan and bring to bowl over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Blend in remaining ingredients.
- 15Let cool completely.
- 16Strain into jar with tight-fitting lid.
- 18Reheat syrup before serving.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Nut Waffles with Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1544.6
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 311.6 mg
- Sodium 1384.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 223.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 132.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of