Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adore cakes with orange flavours and this cake is so moist and flavorful. You would be amazed how good it tastes. I found this recipe on net--I don't remember where I got this from, but I guess it's from allrecipes.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or toasted almonds)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Sieve flour salt and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix chopped nuts and raisins. Coat them together with a tsp of flour to avoid them sinking to the bottom of the cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time; beat for 1-2 minutes on a slow speed mixer.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts and raisins; mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in greased dish and bake at 175°c for about 60 minutes.
- Let cool well before serving
- (My cake usually cooks even before one hour and at times takes longer to brown, however keep checking and don't overcook or else it would loose its moistness).