Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are THE best orange muffins! If you give these a try, you will not be sorry! I sometimes use pecans instead of the walnuts. Enjoy!!
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 78.07 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 78.07 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml finely shredded orange peel (optional)
- orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In medium bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, orange juice concentrate and melted butter; add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts.
- Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Fill the cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden. Remove the muffins from the pans.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins.
Great muffins. Easy to make. I love the orange juice concentrate gives it a real good orange taste to these muffins. I increased the baking soda to 1 1/4 tsp and the baking powder to 1/2 tsp. I also used ground pecans. I used a large ice cream scoop and got 9 muffins they baked up in 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.