Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like a citrus taste, this will hit the spot. It tastes great served with honey butter or whipped cream cheese spread on a slice. (This bread loaf is much better if stored overnight before serving.)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and halfway up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine egg, milk, orange peel, orange juice, and melted butter. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap in plastic wrap and store overnight before slicing.
This is delicious!! Even though it hasn't sat overnight (it smelled so amazing I couldn't leave it alone) it was wonderful. I am so excited to see how it tastes tomorrow. Thank you so much for this recipe, I will be using it often! =D