Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Quick breads in a jiffy. I found this recipe in a quick cooking magazine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons orange rind (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a big bowl.
- Stir in orange peel and nuts.
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and orange juice until smooth.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Pour into 2 well greased 8-in x 4-in.x 2 in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 deg.
- Cool in pans for 10 min's before removing to a wire rack.
This is delicious, rose well and came out wonderful just like as though it was bought from my favourite bakery in town. Thank you for sharing!