Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
so simple for beginner cooks, and tasty too. from diabetic cooking
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- salt & pepper
- cook asparagus in boiling salted water until al dente, drain.
- whisk together the dressing ingredients, top with walnuts, serve.
I prepared this exactly as directed by the recipe. I tasted the dressing before drizzling over the asparagus and my first thought was that it was a little bland, so I did not think it would add much to the asparagus. Well, I was wrong, the orange flavor in the dressing, as well as the walnuts, were just right with the crispness of the asparagus! It probably would be a good idea to mix up the dressing a few hours before serving with the asparagus, so the flavors can intensify! This simple recipe surprised me with the crisp clean flavor! DH and I loved this! Thanks Chia!