Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Big Book of Appetizers
Make and share this Orange Mulled Wine recipe from Food.com.
- In a big pan, combine the wine, water, sugar, oranges, Cointreau, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and peppercorns; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 30 minutes (it is important to not let it sit too long as the pith from the orange can make the wine bitter).
- Strain and serve warm in mugs, garnished with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Make-ahead: you can make the mulled wine up to 2 days ahead, strain it, and keep it in the refrigerator; reheat just before serving.