1 hr 10 mins
The Big Book of Appetizers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big pan, combine the wine, water, sugar, oranges, Cointreau, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and peppercorns; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 30 minutes (it is important to not let it sit too long as the pith from the orange can make the wine bitter).
- 4Strain and serve warm in mugs, garnished with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
- 5Make-ahead: you can make the mulled wine up to 2 days ahead, strain it, and keep it in the refrigerator; reheat just before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Mulled Wine
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: