1/1 Photo of Orange Muffins With Apricots & Cranberries
Chef Zephyr's Note:
A lo-fat muffin that tastes great. This is a "heavy" muffin - not light & fluffy, but tasty. To reduce fat & cholesterol I replaced the butter with Smart Balance regular (not light) spread and used 2 egg whites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml wheat germ
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter or 59.16 ml Smart Balance butter spread
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml orange juice
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 236.59 ml chopped dried apricot halves
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pans by spraying with oil or use paper liners. This recipe seems to make more than 12.
- 2Combine first six ingredients. Can replace 1/4°C wheat germ with additional 1/4°C whole wheat flour.
- 3Add butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in the sugar.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine orange juice & egg.
- 6Add to flour mixture just until blended. Dough will be stiff.
- 7Add cranberries and apricots.
- 8Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 9Bake 18 minute until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
- 10Cool 5 minutes & then remove from pan & completely cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Muffins With Apricots & Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g