Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really yummy! Tender and very moist. These muffins can be frozen. SOURCE: Me :)
Make and share this Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beat well, then add vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix orange extract with orange juice.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well, then add half the juice mixture and mix; repeat.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups, sprinkle with some sugar if you want crunchy muffin tops.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
I didn't have any orange extract and I added walnuts to mine. They were delicious!
Sorry, but I thought they were just ok. The flavor was much milder than I expected, & I also got only 15 muffins. I did make an orange glaze ( powdered sugar, OJ, & orange extract) which did help.
These muffins are super-moist and delicious! I didn't have any orange extract, so I just put in some orange zest instead. I will probably reduce the amount of sugar to 3/4 next time, though. Baked them at 180*C for 20-23 mins. Definitely making these again. TY for posting.