Recipe by ellie_
Easy-to-make orange muffins submitted per request. Recipe originally was printed in church cookbook.
Top Review by Mirj
I love orange-flavored muffins, and these are simple and delicious. I made two batches, one plain, and one with tiny chocolate chips. After zesting the orange I squeezed the juice and added enough milk to make up the 3/4 of a cup called for. This is a great breakfast treat, and I also had one late at night, cut into quarters and added some vanilla ice cream and some chocolate syrup. I am certainly going to be making these again! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 grated orange, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease or use paper liners in one 12-muffin tin.
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in seperate bowl.
- Mix together egg and milk in small bowl.
- Add egg/milk mixture alternately with flour mixture to creamed butter/sugar.
- Grate orange rind into mixture.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.