Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon skim milk or 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients (including orange peel) in medium bowl.
- Combine and add egg, orange juice, melted butter, milk, and vanilla; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each cup 1/2 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made these this morning for my husband and he loved them. I halved the recipe and used egg substitute, light margarine and skim milk. I made 12 mini muffins and baked them at 375° for 15 minutes. I also made a little glaze for them. Yummy is the only word! Thank you very much.
Comments from friends was that they weren't sweet enough, and I had added sugar in, even though it isn't specified in the recipe. Maybe a bit more sugar and a glaze next time.
very good, just not wow fantastic. however, I will definately make these again.