Recipe by Maryland Jim
The addition of the raisins makes this a real winner in my house. This is from the 1982 Southern Living Cookbook.
Top Review by Island Gurl
This is a really good recipe but I must say they are kind of bland. Im not sure what it is.Its very light and fluffy and great texture but the flavor just wasn't fantastic. I would definitely make these again but add a little more seasoning to the mix. Thank you for a good recipe :) Made for ZWT5
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg, milk, orange rind, orange juice, and oil, mixing well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased muffins pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.