Recipe by Lorac
A great warm weather dessert, cool, creamy, light, refreshing and no cooking! You can experiment with other fruit and berry combinations. Prep time does not include chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup cold orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- additional whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place gelatin and orange peel in a large bowl, add boiling water and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Add cold water and juice, stir and refrigerate 1 1/4 hours or until thickened to the consistency of a raw egg white.
- Add whipped topping, whisk until smooth and pour into an oiled 6 cup mold.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Place berries in a blender and process until smooth.
- Unmold mousse on a serving plate, spoon some of the puree on top and garnish with whipped toppng.
- Serve with the remaining puree and topping.