Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Whilst this isn't strictly a *mousse*, when it's citrus time this orange dish is lovely. It's light and just the dessert to eat after a heavy or rich meal.
- 1 (80 g) packet orange jelly powder
- 125 ml boiling water
- 200 g white sugar
- 375 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 (12 ounce) canice-cold evaporated milk
- fresh orange section (for decoration)
- stiffly beaten cream (for decoration)
- Dissolve jelly powder in the boiling water.
- Add sugar and juice and stir well while heating slightly if the sugar granules don't dissolve.
- Chill until jelly has the consistency of egg-white.
- Pour the milk into a deep bowl and beat it to a thick foam.
- Beat it gradually into the jelly and beat thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a glass bowl and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate the dessert just before serving with the orange segments and cream.